Parents Right to Know
2015-2016 School Year
Your child's school receives Title I funding and is included under the regulations of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) that was signed into law by President Bush on January 8, 2002.
- Increased accountability for states and school districts.
- Greater choice for parents, especially those in low performing schools.
- Greater flexibility for state and local education agencies in the use of federal funding.
Under NCLB, parents have a right to request professional qualifications of their children's teacher(s) or paraprofessionals(s). This letter is to inform you of your right to ask for the following information about your children's classroom teachers or paraprofessionals:
- Whether Pennsylvania has licensed the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which Pennsylvania licensing criteria have been waived.
- The teacher's baccalaureate degree major and whether the teacher has any advance degrees, and if so, the subject of the degrees.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
Please be aware that our district hold 100% highly qualified educators. However, if you would like to receive specific information regarding the teaching qualifications of your child's teacher or paraprofessional, please contact the Federal Program Coordinator, Misty L. Slavic either by email email@example.com or by calling 724.775.5464.
Our district is fully committed to the success of your child. We appreciate your partnership in our efforts to provide the best education for your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Misty L. Slavic
Director of Curriculum & Instruction/Federal Programs Coordinator