Freedom Area School District
Home/School Involvement Compact
Updated on April 9, 2015 by the Title I Parent Committee
*Freedom Area School District believes that a student’s continued academic success is dependent upon the communication between teachers and parents/guardians. This compact indicates how all members of the school, parents, students, and the community will agree to share in the responsibility of learning for an individual child.
Teacher: I understand the importance of the school experience to every student and my role as a teacher and model. Therefore, I agree to do the following:
- Provide a high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment.
- Teach necessary concepts to our students.
- Be aware of the needs of our students.
- Regularly communicate with you on your student’s progress.
- Hold parent/guardian-teacher conferences, and/or be available through email or phone contact.
- Provide parents/guardians with opportunities to volunteer and participate in class when appropriate and throughout the school year.
Student: My education is important to me. I know that my education is important to my future success. My parents/guardians and teachers want to help me, but I am the one who has to do the work. Therefore, I agree to do the following:
- Be kind, safe, and responsible.
- Complete my class work and homework in a timely manner.
- Give my best effort on my work.
- Use good organizational skills.
- Arrive at school on time and come prepared to learn.
- Return corrected work to my parents or guardian.
- Read at least 15 minutes a day.
Parent/Guardian: I understand that my child’s education is very important. I also understand that supporting my child’s education will help his/her achievement and attitude. Therefore, I agree to do the following:
- Review my child’s assignments with him/her and help as needed.
- Provide my child with a quiet place to study.
- Ensure that my child gets enough sleep each night.
- Ensure that my child arrives at school on time.
- Encourage my child to read with me, or independently, 15 minutes each day.
- Attend parent involvement events (conferences, workshops, open house, etc…)
Please keep this compact at home where it can serve as a reminder of the commitments that we have made.